- Accessing player properties and using methods (e.g. currentTime, duration, ...) ,
- Hooking to events,
- Inserting DOM-elements (buttons, text, ...) in the UI
The examples are sorted per subject, and a link can re-appear if it also relates to another subject.
New examples will be added from time to time, when new use cases arise, or when new developments happen.
Properties and methods
- http://demo.theoplayer.com/creating-bookmarks-with-js-css-theoplayer — Demonstrates how to use basic player properties and the play() method to create your own bookmarks, and load those settings into your active player.
- http://demo.theoplayer.com/keeping-track-of-currenttime-timeupdate — Demonstrates a use case of the currentTime, played and buffered properties.
- http://demo.theoplayer.com/using-events-examples — Demonstrates how to listen to player events as playing and pause, and ad events as adbegin.
- http://demo.theoplayer.com/keeping-track-of-currenttime-timeupdate — Demonstrates a use case of the timeupdate and loadeddata event.
- http://demo.theoplayer.com/adding-buttons-text-overlay-to-theoplayer — Demonstrates how to insert a button in the control bar, overlay a container and overlay text.